Reception Rooms: 6
Land: 7.62 ha
Situated on the edge of a small and historic village, this beautiful and authentic Chartreuse with outbuildings and mature grounds of more than 7.5HA offers a sanctuary of peace and comfort for those in search of tranquility. Built in 1770, the origins of the property date as far back as the 13th century, with traces of the original fortified walls hidden in the late 19th century tower.
The Chartreuse, with its 473 sq.m of comfortable and fully renovated living space, is currently composed of a large entrance hall, a spacious reception room with original fireplace (formerly the 18th kitchen), a craft room, art studio, office, elegant sitting room and separate dining room both with fireplaces, and a kitchen with direct access to a delightful south east facing terrace.
8 bedrooms, each with ensuite bathrooms, and a separate guest wing sitting area complete the ensemble. Many original features have been kept, such as terracotta floor tiles, parquet flooring, high ceilings, thick stone walls, fireplaces, 18th century doors and beautiful plaster work on the ceiling and the chimney surrounds. Great attention to detail was placed on undertaking a renovation that blended modern day comfort with absolute authenticity, and historical experts were consulted in the choice of colour and materials.
The property also presents substantial Armagnac barns, a garage and a striking independent stable block.
The Chartreuse was fully renovated in 2004 to include a new roof, wiring, plumbing, double glazed hardwood windows, and excellent insulation. Oil-fired central heating throughout the property.
Within the 7.5HA of mature parkland and grounds one finds formal French gardens, a 1930's dipping pool, an orchard and a vegetable patch, prairie and a nice variety of mature trees, in particular a large number of centennial oaks within the forest. Stunning mountain and countryside views. The land around the property is non constructible.
Ideal for anyone seeking a gracious yet manageable family home or a hospitality project.
Located in the heart of the Armagnac wine region, just 15 minutes from Nogaro which hosts regular F1 events, 20 minutes from the riverside market town of Aire sur l'Adour and 30 minutes from Marciac, well known for its annual International Jazz festival. 50 minutes to Pau airport, 1 hour to Tarbes airport; equidistant between the ski slopes and the beaches at approx 90 minutes.