Reception Rooms: 6
Land: 3.44 ha
Built on the site of a former Gallo - Roman "Villa" and a former priory, this unique property belongs to the same family for 500 years. Some remains date back to the 12th century but the main architectural elements of the castle are mostly from the 17th and 18th centuries.
Ideally located on the edge of Hérault and Gard, close to Aigues Mortes and its beaches, this property is set on a remarkable location, away from any nuisance on nearly 4 fully enclosed hectares.
The property consists of the castle itself and several outbuildings. Some articulated around the superb square courtyard or Cour d'honneur.
The chateau offers approx. 800m² of living space and 24 main rooms.
It consists of a main building on 3 levels flanked by a dungeon with 2 more levels and a terrace.
Ground floor :
Entrance with stone staircase leading to the floors
- A large vaulted living room opening onto the park
- An office and a small living room
- A vaulted dining room opening onto the park
- A vaulted living room opening onto a park
- A kitchen, WC with sink and shower
A stone period spiral staircase also leads to the first floor
CAPITULAR ROOM: vaulted, ideal for receptions: kitchen-caterer, cloakroom, 2 independent WCs
1st floor :
- On the left of the stairs: antechamber, yellow sitting room, 3 bedrooms, 2 with shower room, laundry room, WC.
- On the right of the staircase, vestibule, library, 5 bedrooms, 1 with bathroom and 1 very large angle extended by a beautiful watchtower with armor on the outside serving as a bathroom, second bathroom, separate WC.
2nd floor (only on one side): 6 smaller bedrooms, shower room, separate WC.
3rd floor (dungeon only): 1 bedroom
4th floor (dungeon only): guards room
5th floor (dungeon only): roof terrace offering a spectacular panoramic view.
Beautiful decorative elements: floors, French ceilings, fireplaces, wood paneling...
Partial central heating.
- Dovecote (old watchtower)
- Large garage
8 APARTMENTS for rent, representing a living space of approximately 700m²:
All the accommodations have comfort elements (heating, kitchen, WCs ...
Grounds-The chateau is built around a main courtyard.
It benefits from a wonderful English-style park with century-old trees
Swimming pool and a tennis court
It is located on the border of the Hérault and the Gard, a few steps from Aigues-Mortes and the beaches.
All services shops and amenities are 5kms away.
Motorway, Sea and Beaches at 10 minutes.
Montpellier and Nîmes International Airports, TGV train stations at 25 minutes
Agency fees borne by seller