Reception Rooms: 4
Land: 7.88 ha
This delightful property has been a much loved family summer home for many years and whilst the main structure has been well maintained and looked after, the property would merit some upgrading, renovation and refurbishment to bring it up to modern day standards. This charming property is located on the borders of the Sarthe and Loir et Cher departments, 30 minutes from the TGV station, linking Vendôme to Paris in 45 minutes. Paris by autoroute takes two hours 20 minutes. The chateau is set in pretty unspoilt countryside close to a village which provides all basic main services.
Built on a very old Gallo-Roman site which, over time, saw the construction of a fortified chateau and a dungeon which was finally destroyed by Richelieu, the chateau we see today, was built in 1863 before being enlarged in 1900 by an industrial family who still own it today. The materials used for its construction were of good quality (glazed bricks and stone).
The chateau has approx. 560m2 of living space and comprises :
(under the entire building) former service rooms, Laundry, Linen room, former kitchen, boiler room, woodshed.
Entrance hall with tiled floor and wooden staircase, library, kitchen, dining room, salon, study/billiard room. The reception rooms have oak parquet floors and wooden or marble fireplaces, W.C. with washbasin.
Seven bedrooms with oak or pine parquet floors, most of them with fireplaces, W.C., 2 washrooms 1 bathrooms.
Landing with eight bedrooms, W.C., 3 washrooms or bathrooms.
Terrace and Bedroom 9.
Standing apart the chateau :
A slate-roofed building with 2 garages on the ground floor, 2 bedrooms above and a large attic above.
A caretaker's house with adjoining garage which comprises:
on the ground floor: a living room, kitchen, laundry room and above 3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom.
Recent oil-fired heating and wood-fired boiler. Individual sanitation, recent double glazed windows, recent electricity 2010.
Below the chateau an old house with 2 rooms on the ground floor, and 2 bedrooms above, all to be restored, uninhabitable in its current state.
The land extends to 7ha.88a22ca, mainly composed of very pleasant wooded parklands, planted with cedar, chestnut, beech, lime, sycamore and plane trees. A beautiful bridle path dominates the surrounding countryside to the south, revealing a pretty view, and a meadow of 1.54 ha .