Pretty 15th Century fortified castle, redesigned in the 19th C over looking the river. The property includes substantial outbuildings as well as a chapel all set in spacious enclosed grounds. An exceptional estate with excellent business potential.
- On the edge of the Poitou and Brenne regions
- 300 km from Paris and Bordeaux, built on a rocky spur overlooking the river
- 6kms to shops
- 40 minutes from a TGV station
15-19th Century fortified castle for sale.
Enjoying a dominant view and overlooking the river, the proximity of a small hamlet protects the castle from isolation while being sheltered from view and disturbances.
This 15th century fortress, redesigned in the 19th century, is defended by large crenellated towers.
After extensive work in the 1990s, the interior was restored to its original magnificent proportions, with vaults, ogives for the vestibule and a cradle for the floor, as well as two stone staircases: one straight staircase housed in the thickness of the wall and the second in marble in the pavilion. The remains of the old stair tower are still visible.
- Large living room with a monumental fireplace
- 2 bedrooms in the towers
To the left of the entrance hall with its beautiful stone staircase, there is a large kitchen with scullery, a hall with WCs.
The first floor:
- Master suite with dressing room
- Second spacious living room
- Second bedroom
- 2 other bedrooms in the tower
- 4 bedrooms with bathrooms with spectacular views from all windows
- Large bedroom
- Bedroom with bathroom with wooden beams.
The vaulted basement contains the old kitchen and storage rooms and two towers. A stone staircase connects the different floors.
The estate comprises
- 2 caretakers' houses, one with 4 bedrooms and two covered car parks, the other with 3 bedrooms and two covered car parks
- Annexes with 17 rooms on the ground floor and the same number on the first floor, Enclosed by double-glazed doors with workshop, garages, former stables, etc.
- Chapel with ribbed vaults and slate roof built around 1868, situated next to the castle.
- The estate is fully enclosed and half of it is composed of a forest with bi- and tricentennial trees.
- Meadows and parkland with a small pond, all on 54,36 acres.
- A gate with camera and remote control ensures the two main entrances.
- The access is easy and the circulation is provided throughout the property.
France is a large and varied country with each region and indeed each department unique from its neighbours. Our guide to each department can help you to understand more about the nuances of each area.
We have new properties arriving everyday, here you can see our latest listings to be added to our portfolio.
Read our guide to buying a property in France. The process could be slightly different to your own countries process.