Splendid 19th C fully renovated Château with reception/event room. Caretakers house. Many outbuildings, swimming pool, fountain, orangerie with dovecote. Ideal for horses, peaceful and only short drive to all amenities, town and sea. Good income with huge potential
Situated in the greater Montpellier area, Languedoc Roussillon. Just a short drive from a lovely town with the Mediterranean Sea within easy reach too.
Splendid 19th Century Château for sale built in the countryside in an exceptional situation in the greater Montpellier area, Languedoc Roussillon. Just a short drive from a lovely town with the Mediterranean Sea within easy reach too.
A beautiful drive in with olive trees leads to the chateau.
The property boasts large elegant reception rooms, 2 suites and 4 bright en-suite bedrooms, 6 apartments, a reception event room 280m² and a Spa to finish. Further large outbuildings, swimming pool, fountain, orangerie with dovecote, 4.6ha of grounds with long drive in, ideal for horses, peaceful and only short drive to all amenities, town and sea, good income with huge potential
The Château offers bright spacious bedrooms, all en-suite, and a majestic sitting room with a high ceiling, wooden panelling and original terrazzo floor. The Château has recently been entirely restored and can be moved into immediately. There are 5 rented apartments, an independant apartment in the Château which is the 6th, a 280m² fully equipped event/reception room and further large stone outbuildings. The property already has a good business income that can be significantly improved. The Château with charming towers, the small park, the orangerie and dovecote and much more, are proof of a flourishing history and radiants peacefulness and is a prestigious residence! Ideal for a life style change with good income and quality of life.
Description of the buildings
The chateau offers about 440m² living area on 3 levels.
Ground floor in total 230m²:
After a few steps up to the South tower, the main entrance door leads into:
- An impressive fully original sitting room 68m² with a beautiful ceiling 4.70m, the original windows are 3.20m high; a door leads to an east facing terrace partly covered by the east tower
- From this sitting room we enter a large open room with a dining and sitting room and an open fully equipped kitchen 70m², ceiling 3.6m, beautiful marble floor and columns
- Straight ahead is the lovely original staircase
6th apartment on the Ground floor:
- separate entrance via the East facing terrace
- Sitting/dining room 48m² with fireplace
- open to a fully equipped kitchen 15m²
- an ensuite bedroom with a large bathroom with Jacuzzi-bath, shower and double sink 13m²
- separate WC
First floor 150m²: landing 11m² with original wooden floor leading to:
- Suite 35m² with original high ceilings à la française, with sitting room, bedroom and bathroom with bath, shower, 2 sinks and WC
- Suite 30m² with original high ceilings à la française, with sititng room, bedroom and bathroom with 1 sink and WC
- 6 steps leading to another lovely landing 16m²
- Tower en-suite bedroom 31m² with 3 balconies overlooking the garden à la française with the bathroom in the tower, bath, sink and WC
- Tower en-suite bedroom 28m² with again the bathroom in the tower, bath, sink and WC
Second floor 60m²: landing 2m²
- Tower en-suite bedroom 34m² again with bathroom in the tower, Jacuzzi-bath, sink and WC
- Tower en-suite bedroom 25m² again with bathroom in the tower, bath, sink and WC
Beautiful greenhouse (serre/orangerie) 36m² with an attached tower 12m² which was the dovecote, this is to be restored
All the following buildings with the apartments form an independent courtyard.
Caretakers house 120m² over 2 levels
This house is divided into 2 apartments, 1 has 2 bedrooms and the other has 3 bedrooms. This building is completely independent and both apartments benefit from a small outside space with a terrace and some plants.
3 identical apartments each 95m², attached to each other
Ground floor: open kitchen and dining/sitting area, study or bedroom
1st floor: 3 bedrooms and a shower room
Ground floor with ceiling 3.50m
- Reception room 280m² heated by 4 professional hot air units, fully equipped
- sanitary installation 7 WC and 4 sinks, 27m²
- breakfast kitchen, storage rooms
- room for caterer
- spa 90m² to be finished
- storage 50m²
1st floor: empty space 280m², still with high ceilings
- Barn 280m² on the ground floor and 280m² on the first floor, not used
- Barn 120m² only ground floor which is used as a stable at the moment
- former chicken coop
The flat 4.6ha grounds include the long olive tree lined drive way, the park and as well 2 large farming fields, all in one piece.
Swimming pool 10m x 5m, jacuzzi, with a large terrace in travertin
The buildings, park and pool area are entirely fenced and private.
There is mains water for the buildings and agriculture water is available for the fields and animals.
The land is ideal for farming, horses, fruit orchids etc.
The Château has recently been entirely restored to a very high standard and can be moved into immediately. Depending on your taste and needs, you might change some colours or make some minor changes. The electricity and plumbing are recent, the roofs had been redone over the past 10 years. The old original elements are in very good condition too. The Château has reversible air conditioning throught out.
The apartments are rented out, offering an average standard which could be easily increased. Each apartment has individual meters and are equipped with electric convectors.
The fully furnished and equipped reception room is impressive and offers a very high standing.
An eye catching Château entirely restored with all comfort, good business income with huge potential to develop. A short drive from the very lively and charming historical town.
France is a large and varied country with each region and indeed each department unique from its neighbours. Our guide to each department can help you to understand more about the nuances of each area.
We have new properties arriving everyday, here you can see our latest listings to be added to our portfolio.
Read our guide to buying a property in France. The process could be slightly different to your own countries process.