Reception Rooms: 4
Land: 42 ha
19th C Chateau/ chartreuse for sale with two outbuildings set in a romantic setting of a 42 hectare park which is crossed by a river.
The Chateau of 326m², has stone walls and a slate roof with three dormer windows on the west and east facades. To the north is a three-story tower dating from the 12th century.
The entrance opens onto a living room with fireplace
The boiler room
Basement (under the tower only):
3 cellars with 1 bread oven.
Boiler supplying two shower rooms.
The ground floor :
The house is entred from the east side with an entrance hall, leading to the main staircase and a service staircase at each end of the main building.
Office with parquet floor and marble fireplace
Living room with wood paneling, oak flooring and fireplace. Access to the outside
Dining room with oak parquet floor, panelling and a stove.
A bedroom has been fitted out in the small living room.
In the suite, (in the tower) there is a shower room with WC and a small kitchen
A corridor leads to the service staircase
The main oak staircase leads to seven bedrooms, a bathroom, a shower room. Some of the bedrooms have a fireplace. The floors are parquet.
Above is the Attic.
Some re-decorating may be desireable.
The outbuildings :
To the north and in line with the castle, there is a building. It is used as a garage for two cars and as a barn.
To the east of the castle, an old sheepfold of 131m² has been built in breeze block, with fibro cement roof.
The park :
Total of about 42 hectares.
From the gate, a long path lined with fir trees, crosses the river "Le Villabon" and leads to the park.
It is composed of natural meadows surrounded by woods with mature trees.
Two formerly worked quarries are currently being filled in.
The property is enclosed by fences over a large part of the estate.
The wooded part is about 38 hectares of coppice wood of oaks, hornbeams, chestnut trees, moors, and some pines.
20km east of Bourges, nearby a village of around 1000 residents, with shops and services, this charming little chateau was built in 1800, on 12th century foundations.
Located about 250km from Paris