Reception Rooms: 7
Land: 18 ha
Fine 16/19th C Chateau for sale,(680 m2) situated 1 hour from Bourges, near Saint Amand Montrond. Commanding position within an 18-ha enclosed park with 8,000 m2 lake and bordering a canal.The main 19 th Century section of the building is flanked by a wing and an MH-listed pigeonnier. Outbuildings include a chapel and a caretaker's house. Peaceful location, 15 km from a town with all necessary amenities. 30 km from a railway station. Easy access to A71 / A77 / N7 roads.
Main living accommodation:
- Entrance hall (21 m2) with staircase
- Hallway, with mosaic floor
- Large Salon (50 m2) with attractive period features (coffered ceiling, parquet floor, fireplace)
- Small Salon in a corner tower
- Superb Library (30 m2) with parquet floor and door to south-facing terrace, looking out onto lake and canal
- Further Salon (47 m2)
- Music room (15 m2)
- Large Billiard room (17 m2)
- XVIth C Wing : Dining room (32 m2); Pantry; Study; Kitchen; Service staircase.
- 5 bedrooms (40 m2, 34 m2, 25 m2, 21 m2, 17 m2)
- 2 bathrooms
- 2 shower rooms
- Linen room / store cupboards
- West wing : 4 bedrooms (27 m2, 19 m2, 14 m2, 11 m2); bathroom; WCs
Second floor: 7 bedrooms, store rooms
Basement: Under part of the main building, comprising boiler room (oil-fired heating); cellars, wine cellar, fruit store.
Additional information: The château is in good condition for the most part. The roof has been regularly maintained. However, the chateau has been empty for some 15 years and the interior needs renovation including the heating system, the kitchen and plumbing / drainage and redecoration.
- A remarkable Pigeonnier, 12m in diameter (MH-listed), comprising 3 floors with a magnificent exposed wooden roof structure.
- Second house (currently rented out)
- Former lock keeper's house (currently rented out)
NB. The two houses which are rented out are in good condition and have up-to-date septic tank systems corresponding to current standards.
- Barns and stables
Grounds: 18ha of enclosed park (and gardens) which is partially walled, with some woodland and some pasture. There are two entrances to the grounds.