Reception Rooms: 7
Land: 15.69 ha
An elegant Chateau for sale, listed as a 'monument historique' and built in the first half of the eighteenth century in the Regency period on the foundations of an older fortified Château. Some modifications were carried out in 1820 during the restoration period under the reign of Louis 18th, but these in no way detract from the quality of this property. Situated in the Bourbonnais, approximately 2.5 hours to the south of Paris in unblighted attractive countryside. The Château stands on the south side of a 15.6 ha park with a long ornamental bassin and lake. Substantial outbuildings include three independent apartments. A small town nearby offers all necessary amenities.
Main living accommodation: The main body of the chateau offers approximately 330 m2 of living space per floor without the wings.
- Large entrance hall
- Large and small reception rooms
- Dining room
- Study, with beautiful wood panelling
- Bedroom with en-suite bathroom
- Further hallway with double revolution staircase
- Service staircase
Wings: In each of the wings (80 m2 and 115 m2) there are service rooms, cloakroom, linen room, kitchen and scullery, as well as various rooms on the first floor including staff bedrooms, shower room and attic space.
- 2 landings (one used as a billiard area and the other, well lit thanks to the windows of the observatory in the middle of the Chateau. )
- 4 bedroom suites (with en-suite bathrooms)
- 2 further bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms
- Service room
Basement: Vaulted cellar under part of the chateau / boiler room.
Outbuildings situated in the extremities of the wings of the Château:
- 2-roomed apartment in good condition (40 m2)
- Chapel, well conserved, in one of the towers.
- Pigeonnier, located in the other tower.
Other Outbuildings (all built in the same polychrome bricks which were produced in that period on site)
- Splendid stables, with coach house and saddlery (period wood panelling)
- Large reception room (200 / 230 m2), with a further reception room of the same size on the first floor and central heating.
- Apartment, 3 rooms, in habitable condition.
- Apartment, 4 rooms, currently being converted.
- Various store rooms.
- A metal agricultural hangar at the back, hidden from view.
Grounds: 15.69 ha. Mature trees (plane trees, hundred year old oaks , limes, poplars, chestnuts, conifers). Long ornamental 'bassin' and lake. Meadows offering sufficient pasture for deer or horses.
Additional jpg images available upon request.