Reception Rooms: 4
Land: 9 ha
An exceptional Château from the XIIIth / XVth centuries, in perfect condition, situated at the heart of its formal gardens in an 8-hectare park. Both the Château and the gardens are listed as 'Monuments Historiques'. This medieval Château, one of the jewels of the Auvergne, sits atop a rocky outcrop at an altitude of 900m and commands fine views of two valleys below. It has been painstakingly restored according to XVIIIth C Italian practices. Situated 30 minutes from Clermont Ferrand in an enchanting location at the heart of the 'Park Naturel des volcans d'Auvergne'. A beautifully preserved property of great historic interest.
Main living accommodation:
- Large gothic vaulted armoury (52 m2), cellars, cells / dungeons, ice house, well, boiler room, store rooms.
- Superb suite of rooms comprising: Reception room (60 m2) with ornate plasterwork; Dining room (45 m2) with parquet flooring and ceiling 'a la francaise'
- Chapel with remarkable stone tombstone and marble altarpiece
- 4 bedrooms
- Master bedroom with en-suite bathroom
- 4 bathrooms
- 2 large bedrooms
- 5 further bedrooms
- 2 bathrooms
- 2 shower rooms
- 2 large attics with impressive wooden roof structure
- Separate wing of the Chateau comprises a house with 7 rooms and 3 garages (former stables).
- Workshops, boiler room, store rooms.
- Former farmhouse which has been renovated and is now a caretaker's house (5 rooms) with stables, barn and kitchen garden.
Additional information: Attractive tower with spiral staircase to all floors. Lauze roof in good condition and regularly maintained. The facades of the Chateau, the roof, the chapel and the Louis XV room are all listed 'monuments historiques'.
Grounds: 9 ha enclosed park and gardens. Formal gardens designed by Le Notre. Large 'cour d'Honneur' facing south-west. Small terrace to the west of the Chateau with views over the valley. Lovely hornbeam and beech-lined driveways. Ornamental stone 'bassins' and fountains, fed by a natural spring. Rose beds and box-lined pathways. Lovely lake / pond and small stream. Woods with lovely walks.