Reception Rooms: 4
Land: 3.47 ha
Magnificent Renaissance style 16th century Château for sale, flanked by a round tower and its domed slate roof, on the edge of a village. Listed as a historic monument, the main large rectangular body is on three floors, with about 510 m2 of living space, consisting of a dozen main rooms including 6 bedrooms. Attractive,very well lit reception rooms with vaulted ceilings. Beautiful decorative elements - plain pediments on dormers on the south-east facade, Corinthian pilasters and capitals and numerous exceptional interior decorative features. Several outbuildings, a wooded park of 3.47 hectares with lake and tennis court. The Château faces North-West /South-East.
Basement: The former chais with vaulted cellars 50, 50 and 30 m 2.
Ground floor: 260m2 habitable surface area - from north to south: a kitchen approximately 18 m2 and the rear kitchen in the tower about 7 m2; a vaulted dining room with a very fine fireplace about 48 m2; separate space with washroom and WC 8.5 m2, a corridor about 33m long; a substantial, stone vaulted living room 135 m2, which was to serve as an Italianate style gallery in 1540, designed to open out onto the courtyard. In the 18th century French windows (doors) were installed along the length of this gallery, with stucco, and fireplaces at each end, turning it into a reception room. A unique and highly attractive Burgundian style staircase, in very good restored condition, with help from the Beaux Arts, leads to the upper floors, with stone flights and a landing between each floor (two flights each one and double vaulted ) with stucco bas-reliefs at the landings representing various mythological figurines and decorative motifs of the Italian Renaissance. The floors here are stone slabs or tommettes tiles.
First floor: 250 m2 habitable space: to the west a long corridor (about 60 m2) leads to 6 bedrooms, an open vaulted area (former chapel), a bathroom and a shower room. The rooms are spacious ( 36, 33, 30, 33, 32 and 13 m2), the last one is in the tower. Three have stone flooring, two dating from the 16th century. The whole of the floor is in wood engrained tomettes, in good condition.
Second floor: 270 m2 underneath the single structure wooden frame vault, like an upturned boat - a space with two large rooms 140 and 90 m2, a small electric plant room 26 m2 and a small room in the tower. Flooring as for the first floor.
An old house with three rooms, a barn, two stables and a hen house.
An L shaped outbuilding 120m2 with garage, workshop, storage space, former barn.
Roof: beautiful Burgundy roof of tiles, dismantled and restored during the 1960s under the supervision of the Beaux-Arts:
Chestnut timbers, fully pegged, battens under tiles. On the tower, a slate roof recently renovated.
Heating: there is no heating in the house. Nevertheless radiator pipes have been installed. In addition, a pipe for a wood fired burner
has been installed in the kitchen (incomplete). Some of the fireplaces are in use.
Mains water supply. Individual sanitation by septic tank. Conformity visit not yet done. Single glazed frames, redone in the 80s and repainted 6 years ago.
Historical Monument: All facades and roofs, as well as the monumental staircase inside and its vaults are classed as a Historical Monument.
Grounds: Wooded with partially enclosing walls, with courtyard, terrace and a small lake of about 1600 m2. Tennis court.
Location: between about 50 minutes from Dijon and 25 minutes from Chatillon-sur-Seine, 20 minutes from TGV station - Paris Gare de Lyon in 1 h 05.