Reception Rooms: 12
Land: 112 ha
Situated only 30 minutes from the capital of the region with its TGV station, 15 minutes from the nearest motorway exit (A10) this superb property. built originally in 1710 a noble Marquise who was widowed by the time the construction was finished, the Chapel was blessed in 1713. Only the two dining rooms retain the form of the original Chateau as the building was entirely renovated in 1994 with care taken to retain its authenticity and was listed as a Monument Historique in its totality in1927.
As well as being an imposing and baronial private estate, this exquisite Château could easily lend itself to a variety of commercial activities as it boasts a number of separate dwellings as well as extensive accommodation in the main Chateau which has twenty two bedrooms and five main reception room, mostly intercommencting with double aspects. Numerous attractive original features including monumental stone fireplaces, parquet floors and wood panelling. elegant moulded ceilings, cornices and general decoration.
Entrance hall overlooking the park with main staircase, large salon 70m2, with oak parquet and original wood panelling, Salon/Library, Music room, Large Dining room, Breakfast room and further room. Kitchen and related servants' rooms, larders etc.
First Floor and Second Floor
Twenty two Bedrooms including two suites.
Basement with cellars.
Wing adjoining the main Château:
Magnificent consecrated Chapel with splendid murals. Additional bedrooms and a reception room for about 60 people. Additional room.
Further outbuilding originally used to house personnel. Original Caretaker's house in good condition. Covered parking area
Adjoining Chateau beyond the wing: - Estate Manager's House.
Ground Floor; Entrance hall, salon/dining room, kiitchen, laundry.
First Floor; Two bedrooms with bathroom, three further bedrooms with bathroom and an apartment with salon, study, bedroom, and beautiful bathroom and dressing room.
"La Metairie' or Farmhouseoverlooking the Riding school. This house has been divided into two separate parts.
First Part: Ground Floor: Hall, Salon, Dining room, kitchen, bedroom with bathroom.
First Floor Two large bedrooms, large bathroom, dressing room.
Second Part:Ground Floor; Salon/dining room, kitchen.
First Floor; Three bedrooms, two bathrooms.
28 Horse boxes, study, saddleroom, original stables to convert, a storage barn, garage, lovely riding ring and gallop.
Farmyard. The dwellings have been converted into three large studios. The Outbuildings are still in need of restoration.
Land:The land extends to 112 hectares bordered by the river and including beautiful mature trees in the park immediately surrounding the Chateau including several cedar and a magnificent copper beach. There is a vegetable garden, woodland and meadowland. There are paths and rides around the estate, down to the river and through the woods. Paddocks for the horses. There is a main swimming pool and a secondary swimming pool.
Comments This estate is in a magnificent position and is a majestic and elegant property with an enormous scope for a variety of uses.
Rare to find such a beautiful estate which is not blighted in any way by anything visual or noisy. Further jpg images available upon request. Exclusivity.