Magnificent 18th century chateau for sale in the Rouen region. Outbuildings include 9 tree houses, the perfect place for nature-based tourism, a charming "gardener's house", a renovated "hut house" of 110 sqm with sanitary facilities (ERP standards - disabled access) and reception with a 90 sqm meeting room upstairs.
The property is located in Seine Maritime, north-east of Rouen. It benefits from a rural, wooded, undulating setting without, however, being too isolated.
Nearest shops 3kms
Railway station SNCF 4 kms
Magnificent 18th century chateau for sale in the Rouen region.
After following a small forest road through the 30 ha of woodland, this noble residence in the pure style of 18th century châteaux comes into view with its regular brick, stone and rendered facade, tall windows and slate roof with chimney stacks. Arriving at the entrance gates you will discover the North/West façade offering a romantic view through the branches of the beautiful trees planted around it.
The south-east facade features an attractive terrace overlooking a high moat. From here, you have a fine view of the surrounding countryside, thanks to the undulating topography.
- a beautiful gallery paved with limestone features many windows and French windows on the north-west facade leading to the reception rooms.
- The dining room is beautifully decorated with herringbone parquet flooring, original wood panelling and painted cartouches, and features a wood-burning stove.
- The drawing room, also adorned with panelling, painted cartouches, parquet flooring and a fireplace, opens onto the south-facing terrace.
- This is followed by a billiards room
- Small sitting room
- Small dining room.
- Two staircases on either side provide access to the mezzanine and first floor.
- The kitchen and another dining room with its imposing fireplace are on the ground floor of the "North Tower".
On the mezzanine floors (north and south) and on the 1st floor: two staircases and a long gallery provide access to 12 bedrooms, the smallest of which are used as a study or dressing room. There is a bathroom, two shower rooms with wc, a separate wc and a linen room.
Second floor: four additional bedrooms and a shower room of around 60 sqm and a magnificent 180 sqm attic.
The total living space is almost 460 sqm.
The numerous outbuildings are pleasantly set in the parkland, without detracting from the view of the building. On either side of the entrance are the garage building and a group of buildings dedicated to tourism.
- There are 9 tree houses in the 27 hectares of woodland, the perfect place for nature-based tourism.
-A charming "gardener's house" (approx. 45 sqm floor space) could become a home once it has been beautifully renovated.
-A "hut house" of around 110 sqm on the ground floor has been completely renovated with sanitary facilities (ERP standards - disabled access) and reception, and a 90 sqm meeting room upstairs. The building is currently under lease, but this will be terminated when the property is sold.
-A large garage provides a surface area of more than 70 sqm, not including the first floor. The roof is due for renovation in the near future.
-A number of other small buildings are used as stables, a barn and a garden shed.
The 30 hectares of land (74,13 acres) include a garden, parklands and woods.
France is a large and varied country with each region and indeed each department unique from its neighbours. Our guide to each department can help you to understand more about the nuances of each area.
We have new properties arriving everyday, here you can see our latest listings to be added to our portfolio.
Read our guide to buying a property in France. The process could be slightly different to your own countries process.