Charming manor house in Normandy with outbuildings and parkland. Perfectly renovated and maintained, this property has an undeniable charm and offers unlimited potential to buyers looking for a permanent, secondary or event-oriented place to live.
Nearest shops - 4 kms
Le Mêle sur Sarthe - 10 minutes
Mortagne au Perche - 20 minutes
Alençon 30 minutes – train station and motorway access
Le Mans - 1 hour TGV
Paris (West)- 160kms/1h45
The charming property is situated in Basse-Normandie, specifically in the Orne department, at the entrance to the picturesque Perche region. Its location ensures a tranquil and serene environment in a protected setting.
The main building is constructed from stone and spans three levels. Turrets of varying sizes have been incorporated on both sides of the building. One of the turrets is connected to an adjacent structure used for technical purposes, serving as a garage and boiler room on the lower level and an inhabitable extension on the upper level.
The property offers approximately 450 sqm of living space, distributed as follows:
- Central entrance with staircase/WC
- Living room with fireplace
- Small study
- Dining room
- Small summer sitting room
- Central landing
- Large bedroom with bathroom/shower/WC
- Large bedroom
- 2 bedrooms
- Bathroom and separate WC
- Large attic allowing for partial conversion
- Utility room/shower
- Wood store with access to garage and boiler room
- 4 bedrooms
The property is in good condition and nicely decorated.
The property features several outbuildings, including:
- A large outbuilding with a small living area (bedroom/kitchenette/WC) and a spacious reception room spanning 120 sqm, capable of accommodating up to 100 people. The first floor of this building offers the possibility of extending it to create 3 to 4 bedrooms, with an existing estimate available.
- Another large outbuilding comprising a large stable, saddlery, billiard room, and barn.
- A small house with a fireplace and a small bedroom upstairs, which can be modernized.
- A building housing a "honey house," storage room, swimming pool, and sauna technical room.
The property is situated in the centre of its parkland, well-defined by woodlands on the south side and a moat on the east side. The estate offers stunning views over the surrounding countryside.
The main courtyard is beautifully landscaped around a French garden with an elegant fountain. The east side showcases a picturesque perspective of the moat, which feeds a fish-filled lake and provides a delightful habitat for mallard ducks.
Swimming pool built in 2007 (8mX5) with heat pump/technical room and sauna
Rare real grass tennis court created in 2021, easily maintained by a mowing robot
8000sqm of paddocks suitable for 2 horses all year round
Numerous tree species complete the outside space- Sequoia, oak, birch, maple, Liquidamba as well as fruit trees, boxwood, shrubs and flowers
4.94 acres (2 hectares) in total
All information above is deemed to be reliable but may be subject to errors and omissions.
France is a large and varied country with each region and indeed each department unique from its neighbours. Our guide to each department can help you to understand more about the nuances of each area.
We have new properties arriving everyday, here you can see our latest listings to be added to our portfolio.
Read our guide to buying a property in France. The process could be slightly different to your own countries process.