Reception Rooms: 9
Land: 15 ha
Fabulous 19th Century chateau for sale near Vichy, in perfect condition and perfectly fitted out for tourist activities and events.
This castle was rebuilt on 13th century foundations is in neo-gothic style and is listed as a Historic Monument. With a surface area of around 1,575m² on three levels, it comprises 33 main rooms including 21 bedrooms, suites or flats and a number of reception rooms.
There are both indoor and outdoor swimming pools. Fully equipped and complies with the latest ERP standards.
Set in a dominant position on 15ha of land, with formal gardens, ponds and woods in a lovely quiet location.
Set on the site of a 13th century Templar commandery, a royal aristocrat had a hunting lodge built in 1830 to accommodate the King and his Court. In 1890 the building was transformed into a real castle.
The building is U-shaped with, to the west, a central body with its tower and vast entrance porch. On each side, the two wings flanked by towers frame a courtyard with a vast terrace opening to the east overlooking the Allier valley.
The castle is composed of:
- Central part: Cathedral reception hall with its magnificent carpentry work, two reception rooms and an office.
- South wing: the bar area with woodwork, french ceiling and herringbone parquet flooring.
Large dining room (89m²) with lovely woodwork, parquet flooring and fireplace, opening directly onto the terrace which has a removable marquee as a continuation.
- North wing: reception room, professional kitchen, storage space, cold room, linen room, office, two bedrooms with en-suite shower room and WC
Mezzanine on the North Wing:
- Staff accommodation, storage and cloakrooms
- Suite of two bedrooms with bathroom and WC,
- Bedroom with its own bathroom
- Furnished flat with bedroom, living room with integrated kitchenette, bathroom and WC.
On the first floor:
- Central part: gallery above the reception, two bedrooms.
- South wing: Two bedrooms suites with bathrooms, two further bedrooms and a large 40m² bedroom with superb views.
- North wing: suite with bedroom, bathroom and living room in the tower, two further bedrooms and a furnished flat with two bedrooms, bathroom, living room with integrated kitchenette.
- Central part, bedroom in the central tower and attics
- South wing: three bedrooms each with their own bathrooms
- in the corner tower bathroom and access to a bedroom on the third level.
- North wing: bedroom in the tower and bathroom forming part of the first floor suite.
- Central part: bedroom and bathroom in the large central tower
- South wing: room in the corner tower with 360° panoramic balcony.
- South wing: magnificent heated indoor swimming pool, sauna, changing rooms and WC’s.
The large 250m² terrace to the east between the different parts of the castle is beautifully landscaped and includes an outdoor swimming pool, sunbathing areas and various areas for various activities.
The castle has been completely renovated in a luxurious way and keeping the main period decorative elements. Previously a charming hotel-restaurant, it is now used as a seasonal event centre and is still carefully maintained. It complies with the latest ERP standards and can accommodate people with reduced mobility.
The property covers 15 ha. Most of the area is wooded and on a plateau overlooking the Allier valley. The castle is reached via a long driveway which leads to a parking area (80 spaces). In front of the castle, a superb French-style parterre enhances the building.
Nearby there is a helipad, a golf practice, a 77m² pergola for small ceremonies and some technical outbuildings.
Below the castle, there are three ponds on the edge of the woods (6.5ha approx.).
This property is in an exceptional environment located 15 km from the centre of Vichy, Sub-Prefecture of the Allier. It offers all the services and amenities of a modern town and is renowned for its dynamism thanks to its thermal baths, cultural and sporting activities. Clermont-Ferrand, capital of the Auvergne is less than 50 km away.
In a dominant position and without any close neighbours, the estate is 7 kms from a town with local shops and services.
The region offers many major tourist attractions: the PAL amusement park and the Vulcania theme park, the regional volcanoes park listed as a UNESCO World Heritage site, and numerous castles, churches, museums and sports activities.
The A19 motorway, 20km away, allows you to reach Paris in 4h30, Geneva in 3h20 and Lyon in less than 2 hours. Vichy railway station and Clermont-Ferrand international airport 45km away.
This castle offers a very interesting potential for tourist activities and events for all those who would consider such a project and could also serve as a luxurious family home.