Reception Rooms: 16
Land: 74 ha
This property with its neo-classic style, and extensions such as the hemicycle shaped element, chapel, dovecote and water tower, has been listed as a historic monument since1940. This Château from 18th C. was designed by a famous French architect, on the older foundations of a 16th C. Château. There is a monumental staircase and formal rooms with antique furniture. The buildings have 4,920 m2 of space and the outbuildings, for farming purposes, have 780 m2.
The vineyard (45 ha), with "Bordeaux-Bordeaux Supérieur" appellation, is planted with the following crops: Merlot, Cabernet, Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Semillon, Muscadel, on clay-limestone terroir.
The Château includes a dovecote which is the only remaining building of the former Manoir. The dovecote comprises an upper room, a lower room, 4 bedrooms, a kitchen and cells. The circular shape dovecote, with a diameter of 12 m, can have up to 1200 pigeons.
The Château was surrounded by walls and moats, complete with a drawbridge.
A large square water tower with several entrances extends under a terrace. At the centre, an octogonal tower overlooks the terrace. The hydraulics are impressive with its rotating tank which transferred the water to another tank. The water was then distributed by various channels.
The wineries and wine cellars are at the back of the Château, in a stone quarry divided into several rooms.
At the centre of the hemicycle element is a Neo-Gothic chapel where the owners of the property are laid to rest.
The Château was ISMH listed in 1938 and is now listed Historic Monument with the outbuildings, such as the tower at the entrance, the water tower, the dovecote, the wineries, the wine cellars, the caretaker’s house, the park and gardens with the large driveway, the terrace, copses, centenary old trees and conifers, flower beds, vegetable garden and fish pond.
Listed details and dimensions of rooms are available upon request.