Reception Rooms: 4
Land: 1.7 ha
Elegant XVI C.Château for sale in attractive landscaped grounds only 45 minutes from Bordeaux international airport. Situated near La Reole on the edge of a quiet picturesque village, the original Château was built in 1545, then fully renovated in 1992 and well maintained by the current owners with further investment and improvements. It offers 700 m2 of habitable space set within a stunning park of 1.7 ha including a series of outdoor 'room' spaces dedicated to making the most of the southern France lifestyle. A swimming pool, ornamental pond, orchard, kitchen garden, mature trees and beautiful outbuildings surround this stately historic eight bedroom chateau.
Situated on the edge of the village with several walkways on both side of the canal, this château is only a few kilometres away from a medium sized town with restaurants, shopping and markets.
With wood panelling, stone and beautiful craftsmanship through the property, this elegant château is a masterpiece of French design.
The Château ( for sale fully furnished):
Ground Floor (320m2):
The property is beautifully designed, each room having its own unique decorations, and harmoniously laid out so there is a logical flow of spaces.
- Large entrance hall with monumental staircase
- Breakfast room
- Louis XVIth dining room
- Louis XVth living room
- Winter salon with stone fireplace
- Library (wood panelled)
- Laundry Room
- 4 large bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms
- 4 bedrooms
- 1 bathroom
- Bar space
- TV area
- Plenty of storage space
Grounds (1.7 ha.):
- Formal gardens, also called "jardins a la francaise", with a large decorative fountain.
- Large 12 m x 6 m swimming pool (not heated).
- Ornamental pond (automatically filtered) with a dozen prized 20 year old carp.
- 30m deep natural well with a pump attached to it so that the estate is watered for 9 hours through the night keeping the park green and verdant all year round.
- Kitchen garden. Beautifully prepared for vegetables and fruit trees.
Decorative lighting throughout the park giving it a magical feel at night.
- Vaulted wine cellar ideal for tasting, wine storage or even wine making in barrels. Accessible from the garden.
- Several beautiful stone outbuildings adorned with vines and flowers (over 1,000m2). These were formerly used for agricultural purposes. Roofs were recently replaced.
- Several buildings formerly used for livestock which have been converted and are now used as small workshops and bicycle storage.
- Large garage (2 to 3 cars).
- Studio apartment with en-suite.
- Arch and tower entrance to the courtyard.
- Large games room.
- Long barn for garden machinery and tool storage.
- Open walled area that could be converted into a greenhouse.
Heat exchange system.
Video security system (video gate entry and smart phone activated comforts).
Additional jpg images available upon reuest.